Labiaplasty vs. Non-Surgical Feminine Rejuvenation: What Every Woman Should Know
The internet is rife with articles telling us what to do for our aging facial skin, but few educate us on what to do when it comes to our aging lady bits. Yet aging “down there” is equally (if not more!) problematic: uncomfortable sagging labia, mild urinary leakage, and vaginal dryness are all common symptoms among women over 40.
The good news is non-surgical feminine rejuvenation has come a long way. It can help some patients avoid a labiaplasty or be used to alleviate milder cases of dryness, sexual dysfunction, and leakage. Here are 5 things every woman should know about modern feminine rejuvenation options.
1. If symptoms are mild, non-surgical options may be sufficient—and provide extra benefits
It used to be that you lived with your symptoms or went under the knife. But with non-surgical feminine rejuvenation, you have zero-downtime options like lasers and injectables.
FemiLift is an FDA-cleared, non-surgical treatment that tightens and tones vaginal tissues using controlled CO2 laser technology. The laser kickstarts your body’s natural process of collagen and elastin production, while also stimulating blood flow. With FemiLift, we can address milder cases of common symptoms, including:
- Peeing when you laugh, sneeze, etc. (mild stress incontinence)
- Vaginal dryness, itching, and pain during intimacy
- Stretched internal tissues
- Some sagging in the labia
- Mild chafing during athletic activities
For patients who are primarily concerned with improving their sexual health and treating urinary incontinence, the O-Shot offers a straightforward solution. Using your natural growth factors to stimulate tissues, the O-Shot stimulates gradual improvement of the following symptoms:
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
- Sexual arousal
- Sensation during sex
2. Non-surgical treatments can provide an improvement with zero downtime
Our non-surgical feminine rejuvenation treatments require zero downtime to heal. After your in-office treatment, you can jump right back into your normal routine. Be prepared for some wait time, as results appear gradually, and you won’t see a change overnight. Results after the O-Shot develop from 3-9 weeks following treatment, and with laser treatment, we recommend a 3-treatment series to see full results (although you will likely experience some improvement in the weeks following your first treatment).
3. When sagging in the labia is significant, labiaplasty is a reliable way to regain confidence and comfort
If you are looking for a significant improvement or change in the appearance, size, or symmetry of your labia, surgical labiaplasty allows your surgeon to achieve a result that is catered to your anatomy, with the trade-off of some downtime to recover. Compared with the general improvement you’ll experience from non-surgical rejuvenation, labiaplasty will give you a truly personalized result that is long-lasting, short of the continued aging process. Despite the recovery, labiaplasty patients find that the gains in confidence and enjoyment are well worth it.
4. Non-surgical isn’t always less expensive, so compare the total cost of recommended treatments with the cost of surgery
Comparing labiaplasty with laser treatments? While it may seem that labiaplasty surgery would be more expensive, either option can be cost-effective depending on your needs. If you are on the fence, it is important to weigh the cost of surgery against the cost of the number of non-surgical treatments that you will need to see results—for some patients, this number of treatments can add up.
5. You can have both surgical and non-surgical feminine rejuvenation procedures
There are a number of situations in which you may want to undergo both non-surgical and surgical rejuvenation:
- If you have had labiaplasty, vaginoplasty, or another surgery in the past, and want a gentle, no-downtime treatment to help maintain and enhance your results, then FemiLift may be a good fit.
- If you have had either labiaplasty or laser treatment and also want to enhance your sexual experience, you may opt for the O-Shot.
- You may also choose to use non-surgical laser treatment in one area and a surgical treatment in another; for instance, a labiaplasty patient may choose to also undergo FemiLift vaginal rejuvenation for a comprehensive improvement.
- Labiaplasty is unable to help with stress incontinence, so if this is a concern you also have, be sure to add on a non-surgical laser treatment or O-Shot.
- Labiaplasty patients who want to improve lubrication may also undergo FemiLift vaginal rejuvenation or add an O-Shot.
In sum, choosing to mix and match surgical and non-surgical options can help you address all of your concerns and achieve ideal results.
Choose an understanding and knowledgeable female plastic surgeon for your feminine rejuvenation procedure
It’s completely normal to need feminine rejuvenation after a certain age, and we promise we’re here for you! Our female plastic surgeons will listen to your concerns and design a personal treatment plan to help you enjoy improved comfort and confidence for years to come. To get your questions answered and schedule a consultation, call (916) 242-2662 or fill out our online contact form.