The 2018 Application Acceptance Period is now closed!
Please check back next year for more scholarship opportunities
About Our S.P.R.O.W.T. Scholarship for Women
The S.P.R.O.W.T. (Supporting & Promoting Real Opportunities for Women to Thrive) Scholarship was designed by Dr. Christa Clark to support and empower California women who are following a non-traditional educational path as they pursue higher education. All non-traditional, female students who live and plan to attend school in California are welcome to apply for the $5,000 scholarship.
The scholarship award is to be used toward tuition and educational expenses, including but not limited to: textbooks, supplies (paper, pens, notebooks, etc.), required technology, on-campus dining, housing, and transportation costs.
The scholarship award will be disbursed directly to the student in the form of a cash prize. The selected student will be required to furnish information necessary to issue a 1099 tax form, including social security number, as part of the process for dispersing scholarship monies. Student will be responsible for any resulting tax obligations.
“I’m grateful for the opportunity to support women through my new scholarship program. I developed SPROWT to help empower women in California who are following a non-traditional educational path as they pursue higher education. It is my hope that the scholarship award will help our recipient achieve her goals without the burden of worrying about the financial logistics.”
Dr. Christa Clark
The S.P.R.O.W.T. Scholarship is open to female California residents pursuing education at a California higher education institution who meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a female California resident intending to pursue education at a California college or university
- Student must be a “nontraditional” student as defined by the National Center for Education Statistics by meeting one or more of the criteria below:
- Delayed enrollment into higher education;
- Part-time college student;
- Works full time;
- Has dependents other than a spouse;
- Is a single parent;
- Does not have a high school diploma.
- Student must complete application form and provide original essay answers.
Eligible students may pursue any vocational or degree path of their choosing. All application materials must be submitted by 5PM PDT on August 31, 2018.