Granite Bay Microshading
Have eyebrow envy? Give it to others instead with microshading!
Do you listen to your friends complain about having to pluck their uni-brow and think, if only they knew how lucky they are to actually have eyebrows?
Instead of wishing for fuller, prettier brows, get them—with microshading. This technique achieves ultra-natural looking brows for 1 to 3 years by filling in your natural brow like with semi-permanent pigmentation. It’s similar to microblading, but instead of drawing hair-like strokes, we fill in with strategic, powdery specks of pigment. The result is an ultra-natural looking eyebrow contour that requires no daily maintenance.
Why should I consider microshading my eyebrows?
Having sparse, oddly-shaped or uneven eyebrows can be a real source of frustration when you’re trying to look your best. Pencils and powders are a temporary and time-consuming solution, and it’s tough to get the look just right. Permanent solid tattoos might be going overboard.
Microshading doesn’t just give you the best of both of these worlds—it gently places realistic-looking flecks of pigment just beneath the skin to give you even more natural-looking results. Microshading is a great option to:
- Fill in sparse areas
- Improve eyebrow shape and symmetry
- Darken very light brows without daily makeup
- Rejuvenate your brow and eye appearance with minimal effort
Benefits of microshading include…
- Immediate results. You’ll walk out with more beautiful, refined brows
- No downtime. Side effects are typically limited to mild, temporary redness and tenderness—it’ll just look like you’ve had a bit of sun in the treatment area.
- Minimal discomfort. Microshading doesn’t go as deep as a traditional tattoo, and most patients only require a topical anesthetic to stay comfortable.
- Results last 1 to 3 years. Microshading lasts, but you aren’t committing to this look for a lifetime.
- Touch-ups are easy. To adjust or maintain your look, just come in for a touch-up treatment every couple of years, or as needed.
What to expect with microshading at Granite Bay Cosmetic
Our permanent makeup professional performs microshading at our Granite Bay Cosmetic Surgery medical spa. After discussing your goals and helping you choose the perfect tint for your natural hair and skin tone, she will give you a topical or local anesthetic to numb the brows.
Microshading takes 1 to 2 hours to perform, depending on the extent of pigmentation needed, and you can return to most normal activity immediately.
How we prep a client for microshading/microblading
In this Facebook LIVE video, our permanent makeup guru Cherie Scalzi helps a client get ready for her treatment, and explain the dos and don’ts of brow makeup!
Microshading color shading explained
How we choose the perfect shade for your needs.